Friday, January 18, 2008

There Is A New Sheriff In Town

Gavin has taken it upon himself to make sure that we run a tight ship at our house. (or any other house for that matter.) His favorite things to say are:

  • "We don't say 'Oh my gosh' we say 'Oh my goodness.'" (He will tell this to random people everywhere!)
  • "Her name isn't Jackie, it is Grandma Jackie"
  • "Laney don't hit or I will put you in timeout" To which I normally reply "Gavin don't tell Laney what to do."
  • "Mom, Laney has....(insert something here: aka, toy, toothbrush, electric saw)...you need to put it away."
  • We don't touch the breakables.

I can't disagree with him most of the time because he is in fact correct. We don't say Oh my gosh, her name is Grandma Jackie, Laney should not hit, I probably should take that flame thrower from her, and we should not touch breakables. Is Gavin correct? Yes. Yes he is.

6 What do you think?:

Sarah said...

That's so cute. Kathryn does that a little bit. The problem is that she will often do things that she tells Hannah we're not supposed to do!

Elder and Sister Roundy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Sorry, the comment deleted above was just me, but under the wrong name.

It's great you have a good helper around. At least you know he's listening!

Okay if you really do put Laney in time out... I need to know how you keep a one year old to stay in her time out spot? Ava is needing some good ol' time out for hitting also. Please inform me of your wise wise ways!

Megan said...

That's SO totally Emma. Especially the "We don't say 'Oh my gosh' we say 'Oh my goodness.'" 100% first born.

Carly said...

That is so funny! It's funny that I never thought "Oh my gosh" was a bad thing to say until my 3 year said it. He has switched to "oh my goodness" now.

Mindy Hales said...

Hannah I love to read about your adorable kids.