Yesterday I was having one of those days. Everything and everyone was bothering me. I found a small measure of relief by going to the store but all I could think of all day long was "Seriously how long is this day going to last?!" Finally Blake arrived home. You would think that him arriving earlier than normal would give me some kind of satisfaction. No. Nothing gave me any satisfaction yesterday. He took the kids to the store so that I could take a bath and be alone. (Good Husband) Then as a surprise he bought for me a treat. (Great Husband.) Something to cheer me up.
Oh, the pink frosted cookie. A little ray of sunshine on a otherwise cloudy day! My Kryptonite if you will. Now I was faced with a dilemma. Do I eat all of them? I know I will if they stay around. Do I eat one and then throw the rest in the trash? Who am I kidding the trash won't stop me. Do I not eat none? That way eliminating the temptation. If I don't eat one I won't know what I am missing. Or do I save one and have Blake take the rest to work? But then everyone would be enjoying MY sunshine, MY cookies.
Thankfully Blake went to work this morning. If he took the cookies with him I have only two options to choose from. Guess we will see.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 What do you think?:
Oh yes, you have got to LOVE the pink cookie! In college, any time one of my roommates was having a "bad day", we always stopped off at Maverick to buy a pink cookie!
There would be no will power on my end!
They are lethal and yet oh so delicious! I laughed out loud when you said that trash wouldn't stop you! Brutally honest, one of the many things I love about you. But then anyone who knows you knows that even your trash can is likely cleaner than most homes so really...there's no drawback! :)
...laughing... I just have to agree with the clean trash idea above. Your house is always clean! (at least when I have seen it.) A solitary bath and a pink cookie sound perfect to me! Hope you're feeling better. And kudos to Blake.
LOL...so what happened to the cookies? I had one of those days today and ended up eating 3 Ikea cinnamon buns. And there are two left on top of the fridge calling my name, beckoning to me. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Post a Comment