Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Doctor 101

I would just like to preface this post with
MY PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD.

Our kids hate the doctor. Not that I can blame them. Who likes to go anyplace that makes you get naked, weighs you, checks how big you head is and then proceeds to give you shots? (Gavin refers to shots as "pencils.") And in Laney's case they tell you that you are under weight and may need to get more shots to make sure nothing is wrong.

So Laney being the cute little thing that she is weighs 20lbs. and is 31 inches long. They told me that for her age (19mo.) she is in the under 20% for weight.

Being at the doctor stressed out Laney so much that she broke out in hives on her stomach. I guess there is no better place to have some random break out of hives than at the doctor's office. (And no better way to make a mother feel like a complete idiot as I say "she did not have those when I got her dressed this morning," and "I am pretty sure they are not bug bites...they just showed up.")

5 What do you think?:

Sarah Humble said...

That is totally sad. So far, Addi's not really found of the dr office either cause each time we go they either poke her to make her bleed or they give her shots. Being a kid sucks!!! :)

Mama Thompson said...

If it makes you feel any better, Steve's daughter Kensie has been in the 4% in weight her whole life. They have to "belt" all of her pants with ribbon to keep them from falling off, because she is also in the 95% in height...really, I am just jealous. PS....I love that Gavin calls shots, "pencils"...too cute!

Hildamae said...

Don't let it stress you out too much, Ethen has ALWAYS been below the 20%, they have finally gotten to the point that they realize they are ok, just small! She's too cute!

Carolyn said...

That's too bad a mother is made to feel worried about her child just for being small. Especially when that mother KNOWS her child is perfectly healthy. The hives incident was just icing on the cake, huh? It was great to see you and the family! Oh, yeah... and I finally saw the picture you made me, LOVE IT! It is even better than I imagined! I couldn't fit it into the luggage much to Cathy's dismay, so she'll have to send it to me. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

erin said...

Brianna is 21 lbs and 31 inches long! (22 months). The doctors always think I'm not feeding her, but she's just not absorbing her food! We've done sooooo many tests, and still nothing. Frustrating, but as long as they're healthy, small and short is cute!