Sunday, February 01, 2009

Hananaka Day 1

Every good day,
Or for that matter a week,
Deserves a great song,
Nay, soundtrack I bespeak.

Thus, the search began,
For the ultimate mix,
But too daunting the task,
For one man's bag of tricks.

So in search of help,
The journey commenced.
To scour the world,
All the odds I was against.

Then in an instant,
An epiphany struck me,
To your friends and family I turned,
For a music getting spree. *

When you press play on the iPod,
Shock and awe you will find,
The soundtrack for Hananuka,
It will blow your mind.

*See reverse side for play list.
-----------------------------------------

Dear anyone reading our blog:
This week we celebrate Hananuka. For those of you not familiar it is 7 days of festivities to celebrate my birthday. This week has theme music (last years was this). There were many people that contributed to the mix. Some of the songs are fun and upbeat. Some bring back memories all good. And then there are some that are just strange and a little morbid (yep Cathy, I am talking about "Oh no you didn't.") But I LOVE them all. I guess it just shows you how individual all my friends and family are. So with this eclectic array of songs it should make my week a lot more fun.
Normally I am opposed to music players on blogs. But for this week you too can listen to the mix. So go ahead turn it up! Dance around the house, sing along, or join hands with your friends in a coom bye ahh moment. I won't judge.
  • I realize that the player is cut off but if you are curious about the songs you can click on "pop out" to make it bigger. I am just too lazy to fix it for a week. Sorry. You will just have to deal.

5 What do you think?:

{natalie} said...

i can't wait to see what the week holds for you. happy week for you!

Lara said...

I think this is awesome! What a way to celebrate your birthday!

Ms Jones said...

So, I invited all my friends over for a coom bye ahh moment just as you suggested. We all sat down and held hands. Humming and cooing to prepare for the great moment of sound. I explained to them all how great this soundtrack would be, and got up to press play on the jukebox (aka, the computer) and low and behold - nothing!! It doesn't play anything!! Perhaps get off your birthday keester and get it to work before I invite the next crowd of "coom bye ahhher's" over to join me. :) Love you. Have a good week.

Lindsey said...

It is a good soundtrack-however my songs totally don't match the others!!

Anonymous said...

OH! i get it. hananaka. ha ha ha. you are awesome. happy birthday!