Monday, March 23, 2009

Food For Thought

So I have been on a no sugar diet for about a month. I finally decided that I had had enough so I indulged in a cupcake. Not just any cupcake, mind you, a Retro Bakery cupcake.

Although I started this in an attempt to see if it would make me shed a couple pounds (it didn't), it really ended up being about, being able to do it. I thought my cousin was crazy when she asked if there was anyone else that wanted to have a "sugar free February" but look at me....Crazing it up. If anyone is wondering....it does not get easier, lots and lots of foods have sugar, it did nothing for my waist line, I may do it again, and the cupcake was good...but not worth it. (Starting back at day one that is.)

5 What do you think?:

The Foisy's said...

I'm trying a thing where i only have sweets on Sunday, yeah first day and I failed. My friend invited us over for dinner for another friends b-day and they had brownies and you better believe I ate one! I am weak! Hey, I meant to invite you earlier but got side tracked. I'm having a twilight party tomorrow night and would love for you to come. It will be around 8 cause Erik will be gone and me and few of my friends want to put our kids to bed so let me know if you want to come!

{natalie} said...

holy cow, i don't know if i could do a no sugar diet. especially if i wasn't losing weight. i love candy and cookies too much. i am impressed.

good luck with the potty training. i love no diapers!

Anonymous said...

hey, way to go. i'm working myself up to doing it again in april but i might have to start a few days early. i just eat WAY too much. of everything but sweet snacks are my ultra downfall. so if you do it again in april, give me a few days notice and i'll jump on board with you. it is easier when you know someone is suffering right along with you. and the thing about not losing weight: i've not lost weight half the times i've done it. but it does still feel awesome to be that in control of what goes in (or not) your mouth.

erin said...

Yeah, the sugar free thing is HARD! I'm on a forced sugar free low carb diet which is tough when pregnant because that's all I want!!! I'm proud of you for doing it without being forced! I hope your waistline complies with the diet next time!:)

Bailey Bunch said...

That looks really really good! I am glad you had a indulgent moment. We all deserve them at times!:)