Monday, May 04, 2009

Heaven Must Be Full Of Pink Balloons

On Saturday we went and got our car washed. Laney is scared of the car wash so I brought her inside so I could get a soda. Win win. Well there was a nice girl employee in the gas station that had a pink balloon. First of all our kids love balloons and this was no ordinary balloon. It was big. But the girl gave it to Laney and then found a blue one for Gavin (even though he wanted a pink one too) and we were two big balloons richer. We had to go to a couple other places but before we did we stopped by home and dropped off Gavin's balloon. Laney would not part with hers so it stayed in the car. After a trip to Costco we came out to load our groceries. I opened up the back of our car and Laney started crying. I asked her what was the matter and she pointed and there it was her big pink balloon just floating off in the distance.
Me: "Oh. Laney I am so sorry. I forgot your balloon was back there."
L: "My balloon."
Me: "Maybe we can get you another balloon."
(still crying)
L: "I am going to get a beanstalk, and climb it and get my balloon and I will see Jesus."

7 What do you think?:

Kati said...

She is so cute! It's so sad to see kids upset when their balloon flies away. That is so sweet that she thinks about Jesus like that. It's too bad the whole world can't be more like her.

Mama Thompson said...

Jesus is at the top of a beanstalk...we must be teaching our primary kids the wrong stories!

Katie said...

I'll climb on Laney's beanstalk anytime. It'll be a double whami< get a ballon and chat with Jesus! She's my hero!

Lara said...

She is too cute, I love kids at her age and their silly sayings!

{natalie} said...

that picture is awesome, i love it.

Frenchy! said...

Way to go, Mom...letting the balloon go! just kidding! I'll be happy to climb the beanstalk, too! I'd love to have a chat with Jesus and get a pink balloon! You tell her, Laney baby! :)

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

That is way cute!!!!!