Monday, April 05, 2010

Because Things Like This Always Happen To Me

Last week was odd.
Laney got a fever. It was consistently at about 103.
We went to the doctor.
She had strep throat.
Of course she did.
I have had a rash that won't go away.
I called the doctor. They said to stop using deodorant and to apply hydrocortisone cream.
Did it. Didn't help.
We drove up to Ogden on Thursday to see Blake's uncle who is a dermatologist.
I have shingles.
Of course I do.
They say that getting shingles is fairly uncommon when you are pregnant.
Of course it is.
Unless you are me.

10 What do you think?:

Mommo-Miller said...

That's in the Pits!

Lara said...

I am sorry...it's lame when things happen one after the other!

I hope things start looking up!

Chelsey said...

Are shingles very common for anyone? I hope you are feeling better soon.

Unguren said...

Chelsey-
They are pretty common for older people. Not as common for younger, but really uncommon when you are pregnant.

Lindsey said...

Crap...really?!! That's awful, that is miserable to have. My mom had it and she was really sick. Serioulsy, what is with you guys catching everything??

Kati said...

Sorry to hear all that...it really sucks! Of course it's going to happen to you because you have such a good attitude all the time. Hope things get better soon!

Anonymous said...

what in the.........?
oh lady, i'm so very very sorry. do they hurt as bad as they say?
good luck. call your visiting teachers. get them to take the kids. give you food. :)

{natalie} said...

i am so sorry you have shingles, ethan had them a few summers ago and it was awful. i hope they clear up quickly.

Carolyn said...

Ummmmm, that just completely and totally sucks! I'm very sorry.

Unknown said...

Man I am sorry. That just sucks...big time! I know what you mean though, I always say that things that are simple for everyone else always end up being the biggest pain and most complicated thing ever for me...always. lame. I hope you and Laney feel better soon!