Tuesday, August 24, 2010

About As Similar As Apples and Ant Hills.

Our power went out on Sunday night and didn't come on until 10 pm last night.
Being with out power for 28 hours makes you think deep thoughts...such as:
  • Your kids in NO WAY understand the statement "We don't have power."
  • The children will also act like you intentionally turned off the power just to ruin their day.
  • When you tell your younger boy that we don't have any milk, it will be the end of the world as he knows it.
  • Even though the power is out you still turn on the light switch when you walk into a room.
  • Replacing the contents of your freezer for the second time in a year sounds so disheartening.
  • Your kids don't normally eat a lot of ice cream. But when the power is out and the stuff is melting, it becomes a free-for-all.
  • When you take your sheets off of the bed in the morning expecting to wash them when the power turns back on. It is humbling to put the dirty sheets back on the bed at 9 at night because the thought of folding more sheets than you have to sends you into a frenzy.
  • You're glad that you prayed for patience today. At about 8 pm that prayer was running out.

Reasons I Love Blake On Tuesday:

  • When Penny wakes up at night he always grabs her, changes her diaper and then hands her to me.
  • When you ask him in the middle of the night to go upstairs and get you something such as a breast pump, or a q-tip, or a water he does it.
  • When you are burping Penny and you are so tired that you start to fall asleep you pat him on the shoulder to tell him that you want to trade...he does.
  • When telling him what you purchased with your allowance he listens, and knows what you are talking about. Then when you tell him that you can't make any guarantees about not going over he just says "All I ask is that you try."

6 What do you think?:

Jaymerz said...

Ahhh, Blake is AWESOME!!! Sorry about the power, that would be rough!!

Lara said...

Props to you for lasting as long as you did without power! Ours went out for an hour and that was bad enough!
Glad it came back on!

Kati said...

I'm with Lara...I don't think I could go as long as you guys did and not be throwing a tantrum. I wouldn't have made a good pioneer. Not to mention my boys freaked out when ours went out until I told them to pretend they were camping, then they were fine.

What an awesome man that Blake of yours is! That's so nice he's so helpful with Penny. That's a man who loves his wife and kids!

Lindsey said...

I love that he gets Penny up and does all that- that's a pretty good man.

Ice cream free for all- woohoo!!

Katie Snedeger said...

Penny is adorable!! Love your comparisons! And I have decided you pretty much have the best Husband Ever!!!

Ginger said...

Seriously! You have an amazing husband. The fact that he will go upstairs for anything is a miracle! No resentment here.....just awe at what you've got!!