I must say that our kids are not the most graceful.
Are any kids graceful actually?
On most days each one of our kids gets injured multiple times.
That makes for a lot of crying, kisses, and requests for band aids.
Every once in a while there are injuries that hurt more than others.
He now has a nicely forming black eye and a swollen nose.
He kind of reminds me of that weird cat lady.
Yesterday while I was out running errands I got a call from Blake saying that Gavin had "fallen" (he says someone pushed him...) on the play ground and that he had cut open his head and that I needed to go get him in the nurses office.
Since I was about 20 minutes from the school a friend of mine went and picked him up for me.
When I got to her house to pick up Gavin I asked if I could see his cut.
I removed the band aid that was on it to see if he was going to need stitches.
A quick glance and I knew this was nothing that could be fixed with superglue. You could see his scull. No lie.
One trip to the Instant Care later, Gavin had 10 blue stitches in his head. Five inside the cut and five on top.
5 What do you think?:
Poor kid!!
Oh, poor little Gavin! Now he can be a part of my boys' head scar club. They both have matching ones on their foreheads from stitches & super glue. I'd say they got it because they're boys, but that's not true in our case...I'm pretty clumsy myself.
Oh man- you better keep him in a padded room. Pretty soon they might call CPS on you.
Poor Gavin, it's definitely rough being 5, I can't believe that all happened so close together! Hope he heals quick!
That poor boy! At least he'll have a cool scar to atrract the ladies-girls LOVE scars! Gavin's the man!
Post a Comment