Penny has had an off week. This in turn means that I have had an off week. I normally have dreams of grandeur and thoughts of all the things I will accomplish during the week. Lets just say when Sunday normally rolls around I look around and realize I have accomplished very little. This week I accomplished less than normal. I am in fact an over achievers worst nightmare and an under achievers prime specimen.
I have very fond memories as a kid of playing with play dough. I am sure that my Mom made most, if not all, of the play dough for us. I think at some point she even made edible play dough using peanut butter. I remember that we had cookie cutters that were shaped like the McDonald's characters, the old ones, like Grimus and the Fry Guys. I loved rolling out the dough and making pretend food. Pressing the play dough threw a baby food grinder, and making it come out looking like strands of hair. Good times. Oh, how times have changed. When ever my kids ask if they can play with play dough (which is a twice weekly occasion) I cringe. Then starts the internal conflict. The fun loving, fly by the seat of your pants, side of me cheers. Play dough, play dough, play dough...The anal retentive, ultra clean, side of me cries. Play dough, play dough, noooo.... Those little pieces of hardened dough get EVERYWHERE! On the bench, the chairs, smeared on the floor and on the table...is that some dough in Canon's ear? Most of the time the mean side wins out and the play dough stays in the bucket. On occasion the fun loving side wins out and then for about 20 minutes it is heaven for the kids as they play. Then it is my own personal crap town as I clean up the wreckage.
We just purchased a new Christmas tree from Costco. Our old one, after 5 years of use has finally had some of the lights burn out. So even though it is only the second week into November I am seriously considering setting up Christmas decorations.
I am officially on a 30 day shopping break. Fingers crossed. But to clarify...I will still be buying Christmas presents for the kids and Blake just nothing for yours truly. Sometimes I just like to show myself who is boss. Take that self.
Monday, November 08, 2010
Ho Hum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 What do you think?:
What a way to welcome Christmas- maybe people will be buying things for you instead!!!
I have been pretty unproductive this week too, if that makes you feel any better.
I totally have the same playdough conflict...for that matter, legos have joined that rank and anything that gets everywhere and anywhere. Unfortunately, my kids and my fun side win out way too often and I find myself looking at my home, totally depressed by the way it never looks neat and clean.
I know how you feel about playdough UGGGG. Good luck with the 30 day no shopping!!
Unfortunately, I have a lot of unproductive weeks lately...I need some major motivation sent my way.
I was just talking to the girls on the way to school today about putting up Christmas early, sounds like a good idea to me.
The advantage to the edible play dough is that when they are done playing you just tell the kids to go eat up their mess.
I to HATE play dough mess. I make Kensie take it out on the back porch and play with it out there, then just sweep the crumbs off the deck. Worked great in CA when it was only wet 2 months a year... I'm not so sure what will happen in GA... Maybe the "Play dough Gods" wanted it to rain/snow more so she'll appreciate the few days she can play with it?
Post a Comment