I am a mom.
Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.
When you are a mom there are a few things that you treasure during the day.
One of those things is a shower.
Before I had kids I had no idea how much I took a shower for granted.
Can I get an amen.
Don't get me wrong, I still shower, it is just very rare that I can get through a shower with out someone pounding on the door, crying, telling on siblings, or opening up the shower curtain and laughing (my personal favorite.).
So imagine my delight when I took a nice warm shower today with no interruptions.
Then I dried my hair.
Can I get an amen.
Don't get me wrong, I still shower, it is just very rare that I can get through a shower with out someone pounding on the door, crying, telling on siblings, or opening up the shower curtain and laughing (my personal favorite.).
So imagine my delight when I took a nice warm shower today with no interruptions.
Then I dried my hair.
That was when I realized that it was too quiet.
If you are a mom you know what I am talking about.
Things are only that quiet when mischievousness is afoot.
These kind of shenanigans could only be the handy work of two little people.
Imagine my shock and horror when I see,
pages ripped from books.
The two little ones sitting in the piles of decapitated books...admiring their spoils of war.
Until mom comes in....
Things are only that quiet when mischievousness is afoot.
These kind of shenanigans could only be the handy work of two little people.
Imagine my shock and horror when I see,
pages ripped from books.
The two little ones sitting in the piles of decapitated books...admiring their spoils of war.
Until mom comes in....
These books didn't stand a chance against 4 little hands.
So now we must say goodbye.
Good bye Mickey's Gift of the Magi.
I don't really know what a Magi is but now I am sure to never find out.
You too will be missed. You got into trouble a lot too...perhaps tearing out pages of books was something they learned from you?
You taught us about how it doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl, you can do anything you want....that is...except for tear apart books.
Actually, you can do that too. Just make sure you know there will be some "time out" involved.
Your odds of survival on a trapeze may be better than these books.
Germ-O-Tron.
You were long and weird. I hate to admit it but I am not sad to see you go.
You were long and weird. I hate to admit it but I am not sad to see you go.
13 What do you think?:
AMEN!!! How sad, those poor books never stood a chance. Taking a shower is always risky business.
AMEN!! That is so sad for those poor books...may they rest in peace.
Is it child abuse to lock your kids in a cage when you shower so they don't get into anything? (Don't worry, I don't do this...yet!)
Oh, Hannah! I just laughed throughout this. I love that you did a short tribute to each book. i have some that I would like to say goodbye to also - unfortunately, it's the expensive Fancy Books that get ripped in our house - not the long/wierd ones...
Oh, how dare you think life could be so bliss in a quiet shower alone!
p.s. You should totally save some of the pictures to repurpose for something. I love sewing paper onto fabric these days. I bet your Happy Jack and the Princess has some cool pics!
oh man, that stinks. i hate when i realize things have been quiet for too long and then oh crap! they are writing on themselves with mascara!
Mine is one of the guilty children! Her little book tearing hands will have no books for a week! I used to love happy jack and the princess..... I may have to up it to two weeks now!!! Sorry about the books sister! :)
Mine is one of the guilty children! Her little book tearing hands will have no books for a week! I used to love happy jack and the princess..... I may have to up it to two weeks now!!! Sorry about the books sister! :)
Amen! I'm always afraid of something like this happening while I'm in the shower. That's when the TV comes to babysit.
That is soooo Avery. For some reason, she gets a weird thrill out of ripping pages out of books! I don't get it, why is that fun? Ugh... don't feel bad, I can so see this happening at my house. Her books that she can actually tear, are up in her closet. She can't have those unless I'm with her. I leave the board books down so she can play with those if she wants but even those somehow get destroyed.
That is soooo Avery. For some reason, she gets a weird thrill out of ripping pages out of books! I don't get it, why is that fun? Ugh... don't feel bad, I can so see this happening at my house. Her books that she can actually tear, are up in her closet. She can't have those unless I'm with her. I leave the board books down so she can play with those if she wants but even those somehow get destroyed.
I normally wouldn't comment on two posts but I've been out of cyberspace for a while and this one had me laughing out loud. AMEN!!!
Post a Comment