Monday, June 06, 2011

10 Months

When Penny was in my belly she was not much of a mover. So I automatically pegged her as a mellow little human. I was wrong. She has got spunk this little one of ours. She likes to squawk at you if you don't give her something, or if you take something away, or if she just has the urge. It is like she just wants to be heard among all of the noise and commotion that takes place at our house. Perhaps if we had stuck with the name Clover then she would have been all about peace, love and hugging trees. I guess somethings are better left unknown.

She is growing these days but probably not as much as the doctor would prefer. She weighs 14 lbs. 10 oz. People say she is little, I will just call her dainty.


Girlfriend LOVES her Mom. I would like to believe it is because of my charming personality but in all reality it is because I have the feeding machines. and because on occasion I will slip her treats like licorice to make her stop crying. Solid parenting. She has a funny little tongue. I think it has a mind of its own. It rolls, turns over, and sticks out all the time. Penny also likes anything that is "forbidden." Like Elmer's glue, or cell phones, or car keys...you get the point. I hope this doesn't foreshadow things to come. For the most part she is a chill little girl. You can set her down on the floor and she will crawl around looking for toys or things to put in her mouth.

But don't try to take the leaves and rocks away from her because then she will squawk at you. There is nothing like a baby chastising you to put you in your place.

4 What do you think?:

Jaymerz said...

Only 14lbs, that is dainty. But oh so cute!!

Lindsey said...

Dainty, I would agree. That's tiny though. Although I have never known you to have roly-poly kids. She is still as cute as ever.

Jenny said...

She is darling. Amazing how time flies- my daughter was born one month earlier and seems to share many of the same personality traits. Trouble!

{natalie} said...

Wow how is she 10 months? She is really adorable