Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Killing A Day

After we spent a week with my Mom it was time to go visit my Dad. The plan was to spend a day at his house so that we could hang out and visit my Grandma. My Dad ended up having to work so we decided to figure out some things to do. When we told the kids that we were going to ride a Ferry over to grandpa's house Gavin asked "Is it a nice Fairy. Is it gonna bite us?" Can you tell he didn't grow up in Washington? Penny was pleased as punch with the prospect of riding on a boat. In the interest of finding something to do, and additionally making our kids think that we were nutso we took them to an old cemetery. We are talking OLD. Like the things that scary movies are made of. Like the kind you wished you had in your front yard...but only on Halloween. Laney wanted to know why we were taking her someplace that had bodies buried in the ground. Good question. Gavin wanted to know why we were making him stand by a headstone when we didn't even know the person. Valid point. Good photo Op?
I have to admit that when I look at pictures from our trip I find it slightly amusing that we have a picture of a head stone of someone we don't know. I find it even more entertaining that it reads "Rest in Pease." If misspelling the word "Peace" wasn't a vast oversight, I don't know what is. For our kids the cemetery was a bust. Except for Canon who found a very cool stick. Based on that alone I am gonna call our cemetery venture a win.

2 What do you think?:

{natalie} said...

rest in pease is hilarious!!

Megan said...

Trying so hard not to LOL and wake up Ian who's asleep next to me. The headstone was hilarious. Next time you're in WA come see us! We're on Whidbey Island. Miss you guys!