My sister and I canned all day yesterday and here are the fruits of our labors.
We made salsa.
Spicy pickles.
Jalapenos and carrots.
Pineapple pepper Jelly. Which looks like urine in a jar but tastes awesome.
Salsa Verde.
Apple cranberry conserve.
And pickled garden vegetables. (Which look nasty but we are hoping taste good.)
Time well spent.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 What do you think?:
Those all look so good, I really need to learn how to can stuff!
Quite impressive- although I don't think it the usual stuff that people can, is it? My mom just did stuff like plain peaches and pears. But you were always a little spicy!!
i like canning but have a hard time using what i've canned. so now i mainly just do pear sauce...like applesauce but w/pears. and jam. your jars look pretty all lined up.
I have always wished to have a huge garden so I could can my heart out in the fall. All of your jars look delish - maybe minus the urine looking one - I am sure it tastes fabulous though!
That is awesome, you may have to give me lessons, it is one of my goals to learn to can.
Wow! That's a lot of work. You must have got some good returns from your garden. I am waiting for peaches and pears to start selling so I can start the canning process.
That is so dang cool!
Post a Comment