The Party:
The party went off with out a hitch. It was a lot of fun and everyone had a good time.
We had it in our friends the Wheeler's backyard. To enhance the spookiness we put our spider on top of the pergola.
All of our friends were dressed up. Which I always enjoy. No one likes a party pooper.



There was a minor altercation...
No. Not that one. It was between to wee little ones. They had a disagreement about who the Care Bears stroller belonged to. Truth of the matter, it didn't belong to either of them. It actually belonged to a pumpkin that wasn't that concerned about its whereabouts.
The kids played lots of games that included: Ring around the witch's broom, pin the wart on the witches nose, and a stellar cakewalk. Yet we only managed to take a picture of Laney blindfolded. It looked funny. Puffy hats make everything funnier.
We had it in our friends the Wheeler's backyard. To enhance the spookiness we put our spider on top of the pergola.
The pumpkin carving:
I am a fan of Halloween. I am not a fan of carving pumpkins. There. I said it. It really is the last thing I want to do. I know the kids will love it...but every year I put off the day until we can't wait a second longer. This year we did it on Sunday, for Halloween on Monday.
I am a fan of Halloween. I am not a fan of carving pumpkins. There. I said it. It really is the last thing I want to do. I know the kids will love it...but every year I put off the day until we can't wait a second longer. This year we did it on Sunday, for Halloween on Monday.
I think Gavin loves cleaning out pumpkins about as much as I do. We all know pictures never lie.
Go on Gavin, pull out the guts. Just stick your hand in there.
Go on Gavin, pull out the guts. Just stick your hand in there.
Laney got into it. You are hard core if you carve pumpkins in your underwear. Actually the thought of getting pumpkin guts on my belly made me just throw up a little in my mouth.
Blake was our designated pumpkin cleaner. I made it look like I was busy doing other things. Holding Penny, getting knives, drinking water...whatever I did worked, I didn't clean out a single pumpkin. I suppose the jig is up for next year though.
Random thought: Growing up, whenever we had to do dishes as a family my brother would almost always have to "use the bathroom". The kids always knew what was going on but our parents seemed oblivious. I think next year that is going to be my approach for not cleaning any pumpkins out. I will just have to "use the bathroom."
Random thought: Growing up, whenever we had to do dishes as a family my brother would almost always have to "use the bathroom". The kids always knew what was going on but our parents seemed oblivious. I think next year that is going to be my approach for not cleaning any pumpkins out. I will just have to "use the bathroom."
Laney's princess pumpkin.
Canon requested that his pumpkin be a witch. So I made one. We only used kitchen knives though. None of those handy dandy pumpkin carving kit knives. Too easy.
The Parade:
I only have two things to say about the school Halloween parade.
1. The pictures I took of the kids all turned out blurry. Fiddlesticks.
Except for this one of Canon running around like a wild man.
2. When I was walking into the gym with Canon and Penny I overheard a wife tell her husband (who was holding a little boy wearing a spiderman costume) that, and I quote "Robin is like, the lamest of all the superheros."
I only have two things to say about the school Halloween parade.
1. The pictures I took of the kids all turned out blurry. Fiddlesticks.
Except for this one of Canon running around like a wild man.
2. When I was walking into the gym with Canon and Penny I overheard a wife tell her husband (who was holding a little boy wearing a spiderman costume) that, and I quote "Robin is like, the lamest of all the superheros."
The Trick or Treating:
Halloween is like paradise for kids. You knock on a door demand candy, say thank you, and that is it. Plus you get to do it wearing a costume, at night.
Laney thought it was fun. That was until they came to a house that had a dog. Then she would say "I am not going to trick or treat at that house. I don't want their candy."
Canon was an animal. Running as fast as his little legs would carry him from house to house. Sometimes even attempting to walk into people houses just to get the candy. He outlasted all of his siblings. Hands down he was a champion.
So, who's the lamest superhero now lady? That's what I thought.
Halloween is like paradise for kids. You knock on a door demand candy, say thank you, and that is it. Plus you get to do it wearing a costume, at night.
Laney thought it was fun. That was until they came to a house that had a dog. Then she would say "I am not going to trick or treat at that house. I don't want their candy."
3 What do you think?:
1. The party looks so sweet. I'm glad
I wasn't invited because I wouldn't want you to call me a party pooper. Ie I don't dress up
2. I like the glowing pumpkins but have never carved with our kids before this year.
I hate the carving of the pumpkins too and put it off until the last second. Robin, lame? He's the coolest sidekick superhero I know.
We put off pumpkin carving until Sunday too haha. I'm with you, I hate it but it has to be done!
Also I did the same thing as Laney when I was little. I used to be terrified of other people's dogs. Especially big ones lol.
Post a Comment