Friday, March 16, 2012

Break Down

Back to reality.
It has taken a couple of days to get back to normal but I think we are about there.
We were gone for 8 days, and went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.
It was wonderful, and relaxing....well, for us at least.
While we were away my mom came and watched our kids for us.
Four kids consume your day, and your nights, and even the minutes you are trying to be alone in the bathroom seem to get interrupted by them.
She had all four of them all to herself for 8 days. If babysitting was a WWF wrestling match my mom would have one of those huge gaudy gold belts. Since I couldn't find one of those on our trip, we brought her back some vanilla, and nail polish.
Because nothing says "You are a Saint" like tasty baked goods and pretty toes, that you have to bake and paint yourself.
I was thinking of buying her a star, but...well, those are expensive...so I suppose the stuff we got will have to do.
Seems a little meager, for a job well done.I figure that the easiest way to get through the onslaught of pictures is just to break it down day by day.
Except for these.
They get their own post because they are "misfit pictures". Fun to look at but don't really belong anywhere.
In our room for the first time.
Notice the giddy grin? You would smile too if you knew that you would be kid free for a week. Pictures of Blake and I all dressed up for dinner:
Animals that they make and leave you on your bed: I think by the end our guy ran out of steam. If this towel didn't have eyes I would figure our guy didn't know how to fold a towel correctly. This picture started it all. Which seems appropriate.
They are a handsome couple.
The boat.
The food.
I ate, and ate, and when I was not hungry I would eat some more.
Some fun food that we ate included:
Crocodile, shark, escargot, and frog legs.
We also had lobster, steak, shrimp, enough desserts to make me diabetic, and street tacos in Cozumel.
They were so good. Blake's goal was to have a fresh coconut in every port. He managed 2 out of 3. He was also kind enough to share. And although he looks thoroughly disgusted I promise that he said something along the lines of "Mmmm. This is so good." The coconut may have been the highlight of Jamaica for Blake.

5 What do you think?:

Jaymerz said...

looks like so much fun, I am jealous!! Can't wait to see the rest of your pics!!

Lindsey said...

The pictures of your dad and Blake are the best, pretty funny. I am still jealous of such a great vacation, but glad you had some time away. I will be waiting for more pictures!!

Mama Thompson said...

I am so glad you guys got to have a trip without kids...I am so glad you had a great time...and I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Lara H. said...

Love your pics! Glad you had fun. Neil and I want to do a cruise for our 10 year anniversary, seeing your pictures makes me excited to go! :)

Lori said...

What a fun trip!!! Loved ALL of your pictures! I've never been on a cruise before ... always thought that looked like the hot ticket though! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time!