Monday, March 26, 2012

Grand Cayman

We have the flu at our house. All of us. I am thinking that reminiscing about sunnier days may help.

In Grand Cayman we had to take a boat shuttle to shore. Each shuttle boat could carry upwards of 250 people. That just goes to show you how big the cruise ship is in comparison. No vacation is complete with out a "sun in your face" series...I think Jackie felt bad for me so she lent me her glasses. Better.Grand Cayman is beautiful. The water is so blue. Unreal blue. We took a boat out through some canals to go to a spot out in the middle of the ocean called Stingray City. It is kind of like a sandbar covered with water out in the middle of the ocean, full of stingrays. You get in the water with them. You get to swim with them and you get to touch them.When I first got into the water one swam by me and grazed my leg, I screamed. Sure, my Dad made fun of me. Sure, I was a little freaked out. But then one swam by my Dad and he screamed like a little girl and all was right with the world again. I figure if it freaked him out, it was OK if it freaked me out.They say kissing a stingray gives you 7 years good luck. Jackie was all over that.I figured I needed some luck in my life too. The whole time I was holding it I kept thinking "Man this thing is heavy, and slimy." Then all I could think of was the stingray from Finding Nemo and how it sings the song

"Oooh, let's name the zones, the zones, the zones. Let's name the zones of the open sea: mesopolagic, bathyal, abyssalpelagic. All the rest are too deep for you and me to see."And because we are all friends here...

I realized it was getting nowhere near my face.Blake manned up. He got all up in that action.Then because I can't let Blake show me up...I think in some states the stingray and I might be considered married now.After all of the kissing, we went out snorkeling. It was so windy that I am sure I swallowed half of the ocean.

My Dad on the other hand has never been more in his element.The competitor in Blake came out and he did some posing of his own.Then my Dad went down for another picture.Everyone sing with me

"I fought the coral and the coral won. I fought the coral and the coral won." All the while Jackie and I were safe on the boat. On the way back to the dock we saw some starfish and a dolphin jumping. We also spotted some iguanas. Man those things are rough looking. Maybe it is the salt water. The salt water does a number on my hair too. I feel the iguanas pain.

2 What do you think?:

Lori said...

Looking through all of your stingray pictures made my palms sweat ... literally. My palms are sweating right now ... even as I type. You guys are fearless though! Me, I would have probably tried to play a little "hard to get" with those stingrays, but that's just me. Also, please feel free to keep these cruise/vacation pictures coming ... i'm loving them! P.S. You're adorable even with your salt water hair. Yeah, that's right. You heard me. :)

Kati said...

That looks like so much fun! Looking at all your fun pictures makes me realize that I really need a vacation now!