Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Things They are a Changing

I really like our house.
Granted it does not belong to us, but that shouldn't matter...right?
I have a theory. I think that if you don't enjoy where you are you won't really enjoy anything else either.
As we have lived in the house a few things have changed. Most of them I have just done on my own, without asking. Perhaps not the best approach, but I figure that you can't get mad at someone for making things better.
Maybe you can.
I haven't had any complaints yet.
Lately I have been feeling a little sorry for myself. I didn't like our decorations anymore, we don't own a house that I could redo, a lot of my friends are changing things and I was feeling stuck. So what quicker way to redo something?
Paint.
It might be my BFF.
I am not even kidding.
Before.Baseboards before.After.Although the living room paint really looks like the color in this picture with Canon.This is the color of the dining room. Basically the same color just a lighter shade. I repainted all of the baseboards and around the windows. I also took down the old lady valences that were above the windows. I changed out our green lamps for white ones that were in our room and moved the pictures that were on the wall down stairs to upstairs.
When I was done I just sighed.
It feels better.
It feels clean.
Our kids are pretty used to me painting things. Penny had the hardest time. She just continuously said
"Mom! wook." "Mom! me." "Mom! head."
The living room color is this if you wanna know.

7 What do you think?:

Lindsey said...

I love the color, looks great. I need to redo all our baseboard and doors, it just seem like such a daunting task!!! Amazing what a little thing can do to brighten things up.

Jaymerz said...

It looks great, we are moving this weekend and I washed walls today. I am already thinking some things (like baseboards) need a few touch ups.

Sarah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I've been wanting to paint our red living room a blue or blue green color!! Thanks for the inspiration! And I'd LOVE to carry a lighter version (or some version) into the kitchen! AND, I've been dreaming about painting the baseboard (and doors). They're all off-white or antique white or dull white, whatever, and I want bright... but I'm scared to tackle it. Maybe this will give me the push!

Sarah said...

PS Glad you finally took down the Christmas decor too.

I kid. I kid.

Sarah said...

Can you add more pictures? Like... of a bigger space? The whole room(s) or something? Yes, I'm nosy. ;)

Mama Thompson said...

LOVE the color...LOVE it all!

Lori said...

Seriously LOVE that color!!! You have incredible taste Miss Hannah! I want you to come back to Vegas and beautify my house with your sound judgement and incredible taste! I wish!