It seems as though our blog isn't the only thing being forgotten about these days.
It is not that I have forgotten about it.
I have just put it off.
Kind of like these gargantuan zucchinis.
I try not to over use the word "gargantuan". Although in this instance I think I am being pretty true to the word.
Ummm...so at the beginning of August I went to Washington.
Kind of forgot to mention it.
Didn't forget, per say, just put off.
Not to say that it wasn't lovely...because it totally was. I have just been busy.
Really busy. (I'll explain that later.)
My Dad flew me to Washington to paint some rooms in his house.
One man's laziness is another gals "girls trip".
My friend April must be a keeper because she flew there with me knowing full well that she was going to engage in some slave labor.
We painted, and painted, and painted.
Then we emerged 2 1/2 days later to enjoy some non-painting time.
My Dad arranged for us to go up in Wayne's plane.
I could probably wax long in my love of going up flying with Wayne, but I will shorten it for you.
I love it.
It is like the best roller coaster ride EVER.
Did I mention that it's an acrobatic plane?
Cuz it is.
Word.
It is so awesome...that you are required to wear a parachute while flying.
It's the law.
I may have forgotten to mention to April, until the very end, that the plane was made....by Wayne.
Because it was her first time, he went easy on her.
He flew upside down, stalled the plane and went into a spin, and did something called a hammerhead, plus some other fun stuff that has the ability to make some people throw up...she didn't.
Then, it was my turn.
I have been flying with Wayne 3 or 4 times.
I am hard core.
Meaning...I don't barf and I love the tricks.
Don't believe me?
Check out our take off...
Booyah.
When all was said and done I had done: -3 G's, +4 G's. I think April did: -2 G's, +4 G's. When Wayne told me that I had gotten more G's than April I said something along the childish lines of "I win." He told me it wasn't a competition...then I said..."Yeah. It kind of is."
When we pulled in Wayne made mention of the race cars that burn out at the end of the race....
It was good. Smokey and good.
The next morning we woke up and went skiing.
We told April that we would teach her to get up on one ski.
I would like to say...
we tried.
Then we threw her a second ski and she was good.
I was good due to the influx of Taco Time in my system.
2 What do you think?:
I was just wondering about you again, but looks like your having all kinds of fun!! Pretty sure I would throw up on a ride like that, or pass out!
Your vacations to Washington always look much more fun than mine. I'm going to have to write down your ideas...of course, some of them, like Wayne's plane I'd just have to get hooked up...but maybe the olympic farm.
Post a Comment