Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dentist Again

Today I went to the dentist

for a filling. They gave me a shot of Novocain.

Not to bad but not numb so they gave me another.
When they did this I got all jittery and felt like I had had one of these.
This made me feel sick. As I am shaking and breaking out in a sweat I start to cry. I also say to the dentist, "I think I am going to throw up." Yep, I officially had a little melt down at the dentist. The rest went quite uneventfully, and I came out with one of these.
I figure that my dentist appointment is just preparing me for the glucose test that I have to take next week. I will drink this
and feel like I had a whole lot of this.

7 What do you think?:

Miranda said...

Hannah,
You poor thing. There should be a limited amount of torture that pregnant women should have to endure! Isn't there enough going on? Yeah, the "orange pop" is pretty nasty. Sorry girl!

Mama Thompson said...

I'm really not trying to one up you...but the last time I had to get a filling...the dentist ended up having to give me 4 shots on one side...and each time my tongue spasmed...I feel your pain! I also hate the glucose thing...YUCK!

Miracle Gro said...

I thought you weren't supposed to have dental work while you are pregnant. Maybe an old wives tale . . .

Carolyn said...

That sucks. I'm sorry! I had my worst dentist experience while pregnant also. I think that might be the underlining factor.

Enjoy your sugar drink! Yum yum yuck!

Megan said...

Ugh. Yuck for the dentist and double yuck for the glucose drink. You should have done it in the opposite order. That's more sugar that anyone should have on their teeth. Yuck.

{natalie} said...

i don't like getting the novacain. i'm sorry you had to have 2 shots. that stinks. good luck w/the glucose test that is not that fun either. when do you find out what you are having?

Ashlyn said...

you are so creative! I hate the dentist!