Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pictures Galore

Our Day started on the pier at Newport Beach. We walked to the end and went to a restaurant called Ruby's. While we were waiting for our table to be ready the kids watched the people fish off of the pier. They also enjoyed watching the planes pulling banners. Then we went down to the beach. Everything is fun and games until the kids get dirty. And they got dirty! Yes, he is eating a dirt covered Funyuns. Appetizing No?
(On the way off the beach as we were leaving Laney decided to throw a tantrum by throwing her self face down on the beach. I have never seen a little girls face more dirty. She got sand in her eyes, nose and mouth. Blake and I both chuckled and said "perhaps she won't be throwing any more tantrums like that.") We tried some preventative maintenance to keep the kids clean with the occasional Ocean dip and it worked for Laney. She loved the Ocean. Gavin on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it. He actually started to cry if we even suggested it.

By the end our kids were exhausted. Laney fell asleep on my shoulder which is something that she NEVER does. We went back to the hotel took a bath and then back out we went for dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.


Gavin and Laney both got balloons from the restaurant and were super pleased.

However, Laney lost her balloon and it was devastating. The look on her face....sad.

When we were all done we packed the kids in the car and headed back to the hotel. This time Laney ended up sleeping on the floor.

All in all I would say it was a great little trip.

8 What do you think?:

Sarah Humble said...

What fun pictures. It looks like you guys had such a fun time. I am totally jealous.

Lauren said...

Looks like you caught some rays. Good food, good fun! It's nice to get away sometimes.

Carly said...

What a fun vacation! Love the pictures. I love Laney's swim suit!!

Miracle Gro said...

Blake, I must say that you are a bum. You come within 5 miles of my house and don't even bother to throw a frisbee in my general direction? You get the official barnyard cow pie award.

Truth be told, you probably had no idea I live here, so I guess you are off the hook. But if this happens again, I will find a cow pie somewhere . . .

Miranda said...

It is so nice to get away every once in a while. I am dying to get to the beach sometime this summer too. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Sand and kids just go together, despite the dirtiness. Good luck with Blake's job, I hope everything works out!

{natalie} said...

california sounds like fun right about now. your prego belly is very cute. when do we find out what it is??

Carolyn said...

Love all the pictures! Good times.

Mama Thompson said...

Looks like a fabulous trip....I love the beach! I love how cute your kids are!