Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Bird Of A Different Color

When my mom was here a couple weeks ago we made some crocheted flowers so that we could make them into clips for Laney's hair. My mom and sister were joking that I most likely would be seen wearing the flowers later on a shirt. (I won't lie...I think they would make a cute cluster on a shirt or on a headband.)
Anywho...
When my Dad was here for Thanksgiving I was again informed that I am a strange dresser. My Dad actually said something a long the lines of "You have dressed like this for so long that I don't even notice it anymore." My sister Sarah informed me that my Bird sweater was ugly.
I would just like to point out that my idea for a crochet headband isn't all that far off.
I guess I figured that I was a normal dresser with a twist. When I first moved to Utah (the first time) I was told "You dress strange." Not really knowing how to answer I just stood there. In an attempt to make me feel better I think she finished it up with "Well...you can just tell that you are not from here." Uh. Ok. If weirdness prevails and I am sure it will, I will one day own this pant suit.
(My sister says that is weird too.)
But I love the way the outfit looks. I own these shoes they are different and I heart them. A lot.

4 What do you think?:

Sarah Humble said...

I don't know that the bird sweater is "ugly" per se, just very Grandma Tame-esq. But, whatever floats your boat. It looks good on you. Me? Never.

Lindsey said...

Your Dad's comment just cracks me up- but you wouldn't be you if you dressed any other way and for you it totally works. For some of the rest of us, not so much.

Mama Thompson said...

I am assuming you're discussing the sweater you had on when you were at my house?...I actually really liked it and wish I could pull off my obscure outfits instead of my straight off the GAP rack...

Miranda said...

A little funk is good. I like preppy with a little "funk", I call it. You dress cute and it is totally YOU! Everyone should have their own individual style. I agree I don't think I could pull off the bird sweater, but I like it, on you! I also love those shoes!