I know I am behind but with all of the ear infections/ruptured ear drums there was not much I could do about it.
When they did his weight he was 19.6 lbs.
Not good.
He is getting close to a year and half old and has yet to hit the 20 lb. mark.
Laney has always been small too so I explained that to the doctor.
She said "because Laney was small we won't run all of the tests we normally do for children that are under weight. We consider this 'failure to thrive."
Crap.
So now Canon is on a special diet of "anything and everything that is remotely bad for you."
He gets to drink milk that is 1/2 whole milk 1/2 whipping cream.
I kid not.
They informed me that his weight is in the under 3 percentile but his head is in the 80th percentile. His height is 25th percentile.
Our kids have big heads.
However, is it just me or does that make him sound a little freakish.
Something like this could cause serious self esteem problems at a later date.
Actually I think we are pretty OK as long as we don't start referring to him as "Head".
8 What do you think?:
Sounds familiar- how would it be to just eat anything and everything. I am sure the head will balance itself out though- besides, he is still just so dang cute anyway.
I agree with Lindsey...he's so stinkin' cute. Jaedyn is labeled "failure to thrive" also because of her reflux. I think she's starting to outgrow it though, and Jaron is 8 1/2 years old and only weighs 52lbs. He's been in the 10th percentile since he was 2 and he's just fine.
I think "failure to thrive" always makes a parent feel good. David's father wishes he could drink 1/2 whole milk 1/2 whipping cream...he DOES NOT have the orange on a toothpick problem...that's all I'm saying!
You just made it official for me. Rylee is ginormous, she weighs 19 lbs and is only 7 months old....
I think Canon is the cutest ever, who care's what the Doc's say, they are real good at making you feel horrible aren't they?
Ben (Blake's brother) got to go on that diet at one year old too....if that helps any.
you're a good mom Hannah! Don't take it personally! (My oldest wasn't supposedly thriving either and look at him now!!!) (Do you pronounce "Head" like Mike Meyers parent's did in So I Married an Axe-Murderer? My favorite word!!)
He's great. Don't worry.
My kids have the same problem. Miranda just had a check up and is 90th percentile head, and 10th percentile weight. Those are bobble head measurements if you ask me!!! But I don't think she looks like she has a big head! Both of my girls keep falling lower in the charts for weight...Bri dropped off the charts for a year. I'm not sure if she's on anymore either.
Anyway, Canon is a cutie just as he is. Brianna wouldn't have been able to face forward in her seat until she was 2 with the 20 lb rule, but my doctor said she was strong enough anyway! Good luck!
Post a Comment