Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dear Great Grandma Jones

I know I just saw you for the first time the other day but there are some things that need to be said.
My parents have failed.
OK. So perhaps that is a bit harsh.
But their lack of preparedness is a little stunning.
It is cold here. Really cold.
And it has been snowing. They talk about a Winter Wonderland in songs and well Grandma, they had to be talking about Utah. I am sure of it.
Look at my Dad all bundled up in his snow gear.
That is called being prepared.
Sure, they are all set for them and my other three siblings to go out into the harsh weather.
But they had nothing to keep me warm.
Being the forth child I would consider this poor planning on their part.
You would think that at number four they could pull it together.
Think again.
And so, Grandma, I want to thank you.
For saving me from my parents vast oversight...even if you didn't know it,
and making it look like my parents really do love me and that they are not a bunch of clowns.
Even if it sometimes looks that way when we are getting out of our car.

Hugs.
-Penny

7 What do you think?:

Lindsey said...

Oh man- that is such a cute outfit. Cheers for Grandma!!

Kati said...

She is such a cutie in that outfit!

Jaymerz said...

Thank goodness for Great Grandma Jones, we don't know what we would do without her. Penny looks adorable. I will trade you all that snow for our nasty cold wind!!

Mama Thompson said...

Good pick Grandma...so freakin' cute!


And what the crap with all this snow?!

Unknown said...

So cute! You are better parents than us...We came to Utah very unprepared and have zero snow clothes for any of us!

Unknown said...

p.s where are you guys living at? We aren't sure where we want to be living yet, but we would love any input you have...

The Foisy's said...

How cute is that?! She is such a doll and so looks like your other kiddo's. I'm not going to lie, that snow does not look inviting. You can come live with me for the winter if you want!