Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Blow Your Mind

We have been chugging along at our house.
Laney was sick last week. Nothing that a trip to the doctor and some amoxicillin won't fix.
I am tired.
But...I am always tired.
Penny is 6 months old and should be sleeping through the night.
She is not.
She still wakes up a lot. Sometimes every 2 hours.
We keep talking about how we are going to let her cry it out.
We are weak. Her cry kills us.
If her cry was a weapon of mass destruction I would wave the white flag.
She is growing.
At the doctors on Wednesday she weighed 12 lbs. and 10 oz.

She is grabbing things and putting them in her mouth now.
She especially loves the Nerf gun darts.
(I think she looks like Popeye with this in her mouth.)
Penny is well loved and tortured by her siblings.
I am not sure how torture and love seem to coexist but they do.
I'm researching that.
I'll get back to you.
Canon finds her head to be the perfect blank canvas to work on.
Laney likes to take pictures of her.
Laney is just trying to find Penny's best angle.
Now, this may be more information than you care to know....
But, Penny is a master pooper.
She can blow out a diaper like it is nobodies business.
One time I changed her diaper and there was no poop in the middle of her diaper and yet she had managed to blow out the front, back and out the leg...she even had poop in her belly button.
Amazing right?!
I spend a lot of time during the day changing her clothes.
While baths for cleaning her body would seem like an obvious choice, she hates it.
Loathes it.
You would think that we were trying to water board her.
Even though she makes it so that I don't get any sleep, and she single handedly doubles the laundry I have to clean, we love her.
A lot.

9 What do you think?:

Meghann said...

She is soooo cute!

Mommo-Miller said...

It looks quite obvious to me that she is much happier in poopy clothes than with a bar of soap.
So very cute!

{natalie} said...

She is one adorable baby. I kinda wanted to steal her until you started talking about the lack of sleep.

Jaymerz said...

she is so cute!!

Lindsey said...

How could you not love her- she is so cute I just could eat her.

I just realized that we have the same doll- Emery got it for Christmas.

Kati said...

I love it, she's so cute! I've always wondered how baby girls manage to get the poop everywhere but in their diaper and then one day Josh helped me figure it out. He said that the boys have a "poop blocker" and the girls don't...that makes sense to me!

Carolyn said...

She is a doll for sure! Love the pics. Her popeye is funny. Isn't it weird that some babies have more blow outs then others. I'm so sorry for you having poopy baby! :) I've been meaning to do a post about the twins bout with the runs and rashes. It was horrible. Penny is sweet and I like her alot.

Ginger said...

I've always said that about my boys vs. my girl as well (Kati's comment). They just have an obstacle that they aren't able to get around as easily.

As to the crying it out.....I remember having to do that with Noah when he was a couple months old. It was HORRIBLE! He screamed for over an hour (with Jordan sleeping in the same little room no less). Finally silence! The next night only 45 minutes. The next, just a few, and then we were done. There were some many times I wanted to go "rescue" him, but Taylor & I kept strong for each other. It definitely works. I will completely vouch for the method.

Lori said...

Okay, that cry is seriously heartbreaking ... and if that's the same cry as her middle-of-the-night cry, I'd be struggling with the cry-it-out plan too. That's a lie, i've always struggled with the cry-it-out plan. I too, am weak like that. Even with the heartbreaking cry, she is 6 months of sunshine Hannah. By they way, when my in-laws were in town they brought up the Unguren's ... like, totally out of the blue. So what did I do? I of course suggested they blog stalk you too. For a good time, please visit www.unguren.blogspot.com ... something to that effect. =) And a very Happy 9 to the cute couple.