Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Am Obsessed With Fungus

Growing up I had a best friend named Louie.
Her Dad, who I lovingly refer to as "Pops", used to sing a song to her.
There's a fungus among us named Louie...
I still catch myself on occasion singing the same tune.
It is catchy.
Kind of like mushrooms.
They kind of grow on you. Baa-Dumb-Cha.

I have mushrooms all over the house.
I got these salt and pepper shakers a couple of years ago.
I liked them so much that I got two sets.
(you know...in case down the road one breaks and I am left sobbing in my pile of salt and glass shards wondering how I am ever gonna find a replacement.)
Actually come to think of it I gave some sets away as an Easter prize that year too.

These little beauties I found at West Elm a couple of years back.
Green and mushrooms? Where do I sign up?


I am fairly certain that I got these ones from Pottery Barn. I almost didn't purchase the smaller one because I thought it looked a little....um....trying to be PG here....male?

But I am so glad I did. I love them and they have appropriately enough found a home on the back of our toilet.


Lastly.
This is, I am fairly sure, is where it all began.
When Blake and I were on our honeymoon in California I saw these little mushrooms at a little roadside stand next to our hotel.
I purchased 3.
Then I thought about it all day and all night. So I went back to purchase more.
(Hence the reason if you look at them some of them are repeat colors.)
Blake and I were newly married so I am glad that we were still at the uncomfortable part of our relationship where he couldn't really tell me what to buy or not buy.
So I came home with 14.
They continue to be one of my favorite things.


I spotted this little fungus while looking around the other day.
I think I may love it.
It is a stool so it is quite large.

Blake and I are on a new budget (the envelope method) and I am plotting how we are going to be eating spaghetti and PB&J's for the next two weeks so that I can have a little "left over" money so that I can buy this.
I know it is crazy to make my family succumb to such torture so that I can have a cute little foot stool decorate our living room but...
Who am I kidding? PB&J's and spaghetti for dinner? My kids are gonna love me.
And I am gonna love our new stool.
Er, Toadstool...
Hardy-har-har. Man I am full of them today.

5 What do you think?:

{natalie} said...

pancakes for dinner are pretty inexpensive too, so maybe that will help save some money. that stool is so cute, you should def skimp on dinners to get it. i'm serious.

whenever i see mushrooms, i think of you. it's a good thing.

Jaymerz said...

haha, it is adorable and 2 weeks won't hurt them :).

Lindsey said...

Spaghetti and PB&J it is. I just looked at this blog that had origami mushrooms and thought of you. You should make them and put them in frames or something, they would be really cute.

www.howaboutorange.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

I really like your fungi.

We totally surf the same wave on the web, cuz I've drooled over this stool before. You NEED it!!!

Laurel said...

Thank the heavens for your great Easter give-aways! I am obsessed with my little shrooms.