Monday, May 23, 2011

Around These Parts

Last week our computer got a virus.

Anytime that we tried to log onto the Internet a porno or Viagra website would pop up.
While it made me chuckle, for the most part, it also made it hard to do anything that had to do with the computer.

Our life has been a lot of normal lately.

Running to programs put on by the kids at school.

Forgetting the camera twice and then kicking myself for being the most unprepared mother ever while everyone around me films and takes pictures.

Running to doctors appointments.

Realizing that our kids are:

A.) small and

B.) have an affinity for ear infections.

Running to buy groceries or replace the blender and food processor that both broke.

Buying a new blender and then promptly returning it because it sucked. (Which is something that I look for in a vacuum but not a blender.)

Running to look at new hand mixers because ours is bound to die in the next month or two.

Figuring out what to get for Laney and Gavin's school teachers for the end of the year.

Making dinner that one or more of our kids will complain about one or more times.

Picking up our Bountiful baskets and trying to figure out how to use the food.

Finding a Utah co-op that sells 1/2 lb. blocks of cheese for a dollar.

Cleaning and organizing our storage space.

Rototilling the garden but still not planting the garden because the torrential down pour will not stop for more then a day.

That pretty much gets you caught up for the week. I was listening to a commercial the other day that said something along the lines of

"you can remember the time when your kids become more then just siblings they become friends."

I think it was a Disney commercial.

Then I thought of our kids and how they really do LIKE each other.
Even when Penny's talons go all sorts of Wolverine on Canon's face.
He just laughs.

Or when Laney is all up in Penny's space and Penny just squawks lovingly at her.

Or when Canon sees that Penny and Laney have something fun going on and just wants to get in on the action...

and then proceeds to get his eye's clawed out by those little razor sharp cat claws.

Again.


Because Canon must like torture.

Or he just likes to make Penny happy.

Either way she is drunk with power

and he is just in pain.


So, yeah, our kids are friends. Which makes me so so happy.

And I can't help but think

Well played Disney.

7 What do you think?:

Lara said...

Bummer on the multiple small appliance breakdowns...nothing is worse than not having the gadgets you need in the kitchen!

P.S. You're kids are as cute as ever and growing fast! I remember when we moved into LC you only had Gavin and Laney...time flies!

Lindsey said...

Aah, such cute pictures. How is that all your stuff breaks at the same time? That's such bad luck.

Let me know what you get for your kids teachers- I am facing that dilemma too.

Chelsey said...

I always get them flowers to plant in their garden. That way it is something that lasts and is pretty and relatively cheap. When you have to buy 3+ teacher presents, it needs to be cheap. Glad your kids are such good friends. Sometimes mine are...and sometimes they're not. But those times that they are more frequent than the times they're not and that gives me hope.

Katie said...

The kids look great! Go to domesticatedlady.com for teacher gift ideas. They are free printables with the cutest ideas!

Lori said...

Disney = Genius
Also, individually your kids are already over-the-top cute ... but when you put them together, it's almost more than I can handle ... I mean this in a good way ... =)

Mom U. said...

You are so funny. I can't wait to get my arms around those kids!

Miranda said...

That sounds exactly like my life right now, blender and all! What are bountiful baskets? I keep hearing about those. Not that we have them here in Puerto Rico. Hey by the way are you coming here?

P.S. The kids are so adorable. It is fun when they are friends:)