You can't go to Seattle with out going down to Ivar's for fish and chips and a visit to the Pike Place Market.
The fish and chips were delicious, as always, and some hungry seagulls reaped the rewards with our left over french fries.
I have you know that this is the stuff that nightmares are made of for me. But in an effort to not freak out our kids I let them feed the birds. And they loved it.
I was a little concerned about fingers. Who wouldn't be?
Laney's finger still intact? Check.
Canon fed a lot of seagulls. Mostly with his eyes closed.
Laney, our little bird whisperer.
After feeding the seagulls we walked to Ye Old Curiosity Shop. Canon got terrorized by a dog along the way.
Gavin told us this mummy got in a hot tub that was too hot and burned all of his skin off.
Canon was concerned about the state of the mummies hair.
We stopped and took some pictures on the trolley tracks and then made our way to Pike Place Market.
Big crabs were held.
We went and watched the guys throw fish. They had a shark that was attached to a string that they would make move whenever a kid got close.
Laney did not think that was a funny trick.
Penny viewed most of the Market from the shoulders of Blake...
Or Me.
If you ask me, that is the only way to travel.
By shoulders I mean.
The fish and chips were delicious, as always, and some hungry seagulls reaped the rewards with our left over french fries.
I have you know that this is the stuff that nightmares are made of for me. But in an effort to not freak out our kids I let them feed the birds. And they loved it.
I was a little concerned about fingers. Who wouldn't be?
Laney's finger still intact? Check.
Canon fed a lot of seagulls. Mostly with his eyes closed.
Laney, our little bird whisperer.
After feeding the seagulls we walked to Ye Old Curiosity Shop. Canon got terrorized by a dog along the way.
Gavin told us this mummy got in a hot tub that was too hot and burned all of his skin off.
Canon was concerned about the state of the mummies hair.
We stopped and took some pictures on the trolley tracks and then made our way to Pike Place Market.
Big crabs were held.
We went and watched the guys throw fish. They had a shark that was attached to a string that they would make move whenever a kid got close.
Laney did not think that was a funny trick.
Penny viewed most of the Market from the shoulders of Blake...
Or Me.
If you ask me, that is the only way to travel.
By shoulders I mean.
3 What do you think?:
Isn't it cruel to know the awesomeness that is Washington and not actually live there? It tears me up inside, daily.
p.s. I almost passed out looking at those pictures of your kids feeding the seagulls ... that stuff is straight out of Hitchcock! Don't do that again, please.
I totally remember going there when I was 11! Wow that brought back memories of our family vacation.
This is no cutsie thank you note but I just have to say we loved the gift! The girls were thrilled you remembered them too. Thanks!
How I miss and love those kids....and how I miss and love Ivars!
Post a Comment