Thursday, October 27, 2011

For Realz

This month has been ca-ray-zee.
I had a list of things that I needed/wanted to accomplish. Didn't happen. Maybe next year, I am keeping the pictures on file. So my one major objective was to finish the Halloween costumes. I have 4 out of 6 done. I finished the kids costumes on Tuesday just in time for us to go to a neighbor hood spook alley. Canon took 3 steps out of the car and fell and ripped a hole in his pants. So now it is on the list to make new pants. Gavin spilt hot chocolate down the front of his costume and the bum of Penny's is all brown from sitting down in the dirt. Have mercy. I have resewed my costume no less then 5 times no more than 10. My costume may be the bane of my existence. It is a good thing I like Halloween other wise this one may make me throw in the towel.

The other day our downstairs bathroom flooded. Just another monkey wrench.

Gavin and Laney dressed Penny all on their own. Picked out the clothes too. She didn't seem to mind.We are co-hosting a Halloween party on Saturday. I feel like I haven't really done much for it. Fingers crossed it turns out OK.

Penny has cut all four of her top teeth at the same time. So while sometimes I would like to put her in a little kitchen cupboard, I swear she did it all on her own.
Sometimes we just need a moment to ourselves.

5 What do you think?:

Jaymerz said...

I LOVE the witches cauldron, also the fact you make 6 costumes makes you amazing!!
Sorry about all the other stuff though, no fun at all!!

{natalie} said...

this bats are amazing. i hope you do that one.

4 costumes MADE. you rock. i went to target and handed them my debit card. oh well.

that pic of penny in the kitchen cabinet is hilarious.

Lauren said...

I can't wait for the unveiling! You guys always have the best costumes.

That one of Penny with her binki ribbon hanging down looks just like Blake! In a girly way. :)

Chelsey said...

Your party will be great. You're a pro at that. I don't know how you do it all. I wish my kids were still little enough to fit in a kitchen cupboard.

Lori said...

Penny's little hand pressed up against the window like that ... yeah, I would definitely give her that moment ... looks like she needs it.

p.s. Can not wait to see your family's Halloween costumes. You guys are silly pillies ... :)