Monday, September 17, 2012

Newbies

Blake and I have been married for 10 years.
Whoo hoo, you say? We should be applauded. Well, thank you. 
But that is not the point. 
When we got married we bought a vacuum. I am pretty sure it was expensive for it's time. Looking back I am not sure what it had to offer that other vacuums didn't but I am sure it was good. Perhaps, extra vacuum bags?
Also, not the point.
The point is our vacuum died. 
Moment of silence.
I have been hesitating to buy a new one. I am not sure if it is the fact that I know we like our vacuum...or that others are expensive..and quite frankly I can think of A LOT of other things I would rather spend our money on....or that I want a Dyson...which cost mucho dinero...and our carpet is not that fab...and it is only in the downstairs...
Anyway, it has been dead/dying for close to a month. 
Plus I have been making stuff for my Etsy site, so our carpet in the office/craft room was a disaster. I even went so far as to borrow my friends vacuum at one point. Truly a low point. 
Then Blake gave me a little push. Woot.com had a vacuum for cheap, and we bought it.
It is no Dyson, but it works really good. It also has a retractable cord that is oh so fancy, and the lazy person in me loves that feature.
One more addition to our downstairs that is not the little girl in the skirt and pajama top?
A new rug.
Which kind of negates some of the reasons I bought a new vacuum because it covers up the not so pretty carpet. 
But now I can vacuum my carpet with a vacuum that actually works, and it was cheap for such a big rug, and I got free shipping. 
Which means both were a necessity. They compliment each other...and other such nonsense to justify my purchases...


I am thinking about painting the outside of my frames navy blue, or should I just leave them white? Thoughts?

5 What do you think?:

Lori said...

Dig the new vacuum cleaner! We've had the same one our entire marriage too, it's only a matter of time, Hannah ... it's only a matter of time. :( The new rug is beautiful, and I think you should leave the frames white ... but please don't listen to my opinion. I do not have your wicked style ... so go with your instincts my friend, I'd be willing to bet that they are almost ALWAYS right! :)

Mindy Hales said...

Definitely Navy!

Lindsey said...

We finally broke down about a year ago and bought a Dyson. I have to say that I kinds love it. It really is so much better, but definetly not always the thing you want to spend money on. I think the frames would be fun painted, if all else fails you can just break out the white again. I want to know where you got the rug, I'm still looking for one for my living room.

Lauren said...

Ditto to wondering where you got the rug? Love it!

Um I don't think you have a lazy bone in your body. You are always up to something amazing.

Unguren said...

I got the rug from Overstock. It is actually and indoor/outdoor rug.

Here is the link:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Green-and-Ivory-Outdoor-Area-Rug-710-x-10/6233344/product.html