Monday, October 29, 2012

October

October turned out to be a very busy month. 
While I realize that every month is busy...it seemed that October had it out for me. 
In the interest of trying to make sure I got everything covered, here are a couple of tidbits that got missed along the way.

1. Blake went to a FEMA training for a long weekend. It wasn't too bad for me. Although trying to get Canon to his soccer game at 9:30, Laney to ballet at 10:15, and Gavin to his soccer game at 10:30 proved to be mildly challenging.

2. The kids had "Crazy Hat Day" at school. It wasn't super crazy for us. We just opened up the old Halloween costume buckets and viola...instant hats.
Even though Canon doesn't go to school with Laney and Gavin he couldn't help  in wanting to participate. 


3. Canon loves to eat cereal. Just not at breakfast. He likes to get it out of the cupboard later in the day as a snack. Sometimes he puts some in his pockets "for later." It is especially entertaining when he is snacking on Cookie Crisp, from his pocket, during church. Lately I have been finding boxes in the oddest spots such as: between the ottomans in the living room, in Blake's closet upstairs, down stairs in the family room behind the lamp and a personal favorite of mine...2 boxes of Mini Wheats in the upstairs bathroom.

4. Canon has also made a habit of helping himself to other things in the cupboard. One day he finished off 3 BOXES of fruit snacks by himself. Then the next day he had 3 suckers. We are working on it.

5. Grandma Dana sent us this card in the mail for Halloween. The kids loved it. Every time Penny would walk by it on the fridge she would say "Scary. Gama Dana. Not scary." 
6. The kids also did their Red Ribbon week this last week at school. They had, a luau day which was the only day I managed to get a picture. Not that this picture is anything to write home about. This is what happens when Blake takes the good camera to work and all I can find is our camera, that our kids mess with...and now can't figure out how to get it off of sepia.
Laney's coconut bra was made by yours truly. I thought she would think it was great...I had made it out of real coconut shells after all...she hated it.
7. Gavin discovered a talent. We are so proud.  

4 What do you think?:

Unknown said...

October has been busy for us too! ... and Ty has been stealing things from the pantry as well. There's just something so enticing about a closet full of food!

Chelsey said...

Who wouldn't want a coconut bra? I kind of want one.

Lindsey said...

Your October is probably extra busy because i am sure you have been spending hours and hours between all this other stuff making Halloween costumes!! I think that's why the rest of the year goes by so fast and Christmas sneaks up on all of us because October is just busy and goes by so fast and then it's already the end of the year.

Lori said...

Gavin has mad skillz. Plain and simple. Your family Hannah ... your family kills me! (that was a compliment) ... Happy Halloween to the Unguren's! :)