We had our annual Halloween party that we co-host with our friends the Wheelers.
This year I was a little less "co-host"...and a lot more "just another person at the party."
We also had a cake walk that the kids really enjoyed.
And we got to guess the amount of candy in the jars.
We also voted on costumes.
The trophies for the costume contest came together well...not by me of course.
Canon brought the "best kid costume" one home...
Well...half of it anyways. He broke it before we even made it home.
Not terribly shocking.
We also managed to do my absolute least favorite thing...
carve pumpkins.
All the kids managed to get in on it.
Penny may have been a little over excited.
Maybe I am just stating the obvious.
But somehow along the way Blake ended up taking pictures and I ended up cleaning out the pumpkins.
I think I was ripped off.
Don't believe me? Look at my disgust riddled face.
We normally let the kids draw a picture on the pumpkin and then we carve it the way that they draw it.
It makes for some interesting pumpkins.
Here they are in all of their lighted grandeur.
Canon didn't want to draw on his pumpkin this year but he did have very specific instructions on how he wanted it to look. It went something like this:
I want this mouth (pointing to some chevron patterned tape) with one tooth and I want his eyes to have one tooth in them too. Make him angry.
Voila.
One-toothed-chevroned-mouthed-one-toothed-eye-angry-pumpkin.
Penny's (the one in the middle) was abstract.
Laney's was of course a princess, with some mighty fine blinkers.
Gavin's was "scared because he has a scar on his head."
We mean business here...
Scars are no laughing matter.
0 What do you think?:
Post a Comment