My new calling at church is nursery. (I have had it for about a month and a half.) I am also the activity days leader. Yes, I am a two calling kind of gal. Well, in our nursery they have it split in two. Older and Younger. Laney is in the Younger and Gavin is in the Older. I asked to not be in with Laney because she is finally starting to adjust and I don't want to mess with that. So I am in with Gavin. This was our conversation when we got home from church:
Me: Laney did you have fun in nursery today?
Laney: some grunts that mean yes.
Me: Did you play with toys and sing songs?
Laney: starts to sing head, shoulders, knees and toes....(we can only really understand the motions and the word toes.)
Gavin: I had fun in nursery today.
Me: Tell Dad what you did.
Gavin: Well, I can play by myself and have snacks and sing. So, Mom, I don't want you to come to nursery with me anymore.
Me: Well honey I have to come it is my calling.
Gavin: Well I don't want you to. I want to be by myself. Please don't come anymore. You can go somewhere else.
It is funny. Most kids want their parents in with them. Even scream and cry when they leave. Yet, Gavin wants me to be somewhere else. If only it were that easy.
3 What do you think?:
That is so funny! Hopefully he'll adjust. If he was only born 3 weeks earlier :)
hmmm...pretty sure I would use that as an excuse to not have that calling anymore. I did nursery for over a year and it wore me out...I can't imagine how you are feeling what with carrying a baby and all!
That sounds to me like an official release!
Post a Comment