Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mt. Charleston

Last weekend we went with our friends the Andrews up to Mt Charleston. It is about 50 minutes from where we live and about 20 degrees cooler. Who knew their is such a thing as a forest in the desert?

The kids enjoyed exploring on a longer "leash" than normalThere was some throwing of kids in the air. (Laney liked it. Gavin did not.)
This is Mike and Lauren's little girl Maddie. She is so cute and Gavin and Laney just had the best time with her.We ate some lunch and then had smores. Sticky, messy, deliciousness.

The kids all played in the dirt and got quite messy. Gavin ended up with LOTS of dirt in his hair and Maddie had a dirt black eye but we all had a great time.

4 What do you think?:

Carly said...

Fun! It's nice to let your kids get dirty and not care (as much). We are going camping next week and I'm sure I'll lose one of my kids!

Lauren said...

Hey we're famous, we're on the Unguren's blog! :) That is a cute picture of our girls together.

Carolyn said...

I love Mt. Charleston! Those are great pictures.

Mama Thompson said...

yummm....I love smores....