Sunday, August 24, 2008

Vroom Vroom

Blake and I have purchased a new car. On Saturday we bought a Honda Pilot. Some of the significant things about this purchase are:

  • Blake and I have never bought a car since we have been married. Well...as new as this. Our last car that we bought was my 1973 Squareback that I am pretty sure does not qualify as a new car.
  • Blake and I have never had to make a car payment in the almost 7 years that we have been married.
  • This car has good air conditioning. Something Blake's old car did not.
  • This car starts. Also something that Blake's old car did not do on occasion.
  • We will not need to fix this car. Unlike Blake's car that we fixed every 4 months.
  • This car is pretty. Blake's was not.

9 What do you think?:

Megan said...

I love it! And, I'd say you guys deserve a new car, my goodness! It is so much better to know you have x amount of money due each month for your car payments, than to have random repairs for who knows how much, and who knows how often. Plus...you need a little more room for baby!

Mama Thompson said...

Excellent choice! We have one in silver (I love it!)...

Carolyn said...

Very pretty!

Meghann said...

Cool car. Thought you guys were getting a mini van.

Carly said...

New cars are so fun, congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

car payments = no fun. gag .retch. they are terrible. but man, that car is cute. you should post a pic of blake's old car so we can compare. there is nothing like a new car that starts everytime. we have SOOOOOOOOOOO been there.

Ginger said...

You are going to LOVE having a car that you don't constantly worry about kicking the bucket.
We did that the first half of our marriage. Once we realized we couldn't fit all of us in the little crappy pickup he had in order to get our other crappy car fixed, we decided that we had had enough.
I completely feel for you when it comes to taking your car into the shop and wondering what magical number the mechanic would come up with to fix it this time.
Now we can look back and laugh. You'll do the same. Very cute car, by the way. :)

{natalie} said...

i love the honda pilot. it is very cool. hey did you see you won on tangled and true, the pumpkin hat!!! i am excited for you

Lauren said...

GORGEOUS! I really love the color and it was fun to see it in person on the purchase day.