Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He Needs To Polish Up On His Bargaining Skills.

Gavin and Laney both like to watch movies. I only let them watch them on occasion but with out fail they ask daily if they can watch one. The other day Gavin kept asking if he could watch a movie. I kept telling him no. Because this was not the answer that he wanted he tried a different approach.

G: Mom. Can I watch a movie?
M: No Gavin. I have already told you we are not watching a movie.
G: Please mom. I really want to watch one.
M: No.
G: I am going to hit you if you don't let me watch a movie.
M: Well...that is a choice you can make.
G: I am going to hit you if you don't let me watch a movie.
M: I heard you. That is a choice you can make.
About a minute went by......
G: I am being mean to you because you won't let me watch a movie.
M: That is a choice you can make.
G: Well I am being mean to you.
M: That is your decision.

After no response from me I think he figured that his negotiations weren't working.
(He didn't ask again if he could watch a movie.)

2 What do you think?:

Chelsey said...

My children think that if they are mean or throw a fit that it will reverse Mom's decision. Somehow they haven't realized that I never give in and they always get in trouble when they behave that way. Gavin's ahead of his time to realize so quickly he's not getting anywhere. You must be doing something right.

Kati said...

What is it with this age? Jantzen will just double up his fists and charge at you with his onery face(mostly at Josh) when he doesn't get his way. We don't give in, but we do have to turn our heads and laugh. Kids are hilarious!