When we first moved into this house Gavin and Laney were both sad about leaving their rooms behind in Vegas. Gavin said that he missed his "Superman wall" and Laney said she missed her pink bedroom.
We are renting this house but I just felt like I couldn't live here for a couple of years with out making it feel like "ours" and I wanted the kids to feel like they have a space that belongs to them. Thank goodness that paint is relatively cheap.
This room started out a horrible beige color. Not that beige is bad...but in this room it made it feel old and like a dirty dungeon. Laney's room is the only room with ducts on the ceiling. Beige coupled with ducts made for a very unattractive space. This room also has a mystery door. Not that it is a mystery to us...(it goes to our storage room) but it did tend to add a little creep factor. But if you paint a strange door pink and blue it makes it not so "this is what scary movies are made of."

The trees painted on the walls are Laney's favorite feature. She waited somewhat impatiently for me to finish the pink tree. But now that it is done she tells me all the time that the pink tree is her favorite.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 What do you think?:
I LOVE those!! They are adorable, I think the pink one is my favorite too.
So cute!! I was going to do a tree and bird theme for Miranda's room but backed out....now I wish I hadn't, seeing how cute Laney's room is and all!!!
And I like the de-creepified door!
Soooooo darling. I like the pink tree the best too. Did you do it all with tape? You are talented.
You never cease to amaze me-so super cute!!! I am glad it is starting to feel more like home.
Wow is pretty much all I have to say!! That is awesome! You are so talented! Looks very cozy to me!
that is awesome that they let you paint. the trees are so cool, i love them.
Look how freaking amazing you are!! Love it. Want to come do some for me? Looks like home!
So gorgeous! I'm hiring you someday to do my house!
Good job Hannah! I love Laney's room, and you can see on her cute little face that she loves it too!
I'm with Laney...the pink tree is my favorite too. I LOVE the blue and the yellow...but that pink one is so great...
I LOVE it!! I need to find a room to put trees in now...
Post a Comment