Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kicking It 2005 Style

When Blake and I first moved to Vegas we only had one car.
We had sold my Honda when we moved because it didn't have air conditioning.
It was a smart move on our part.
We only had Gavin and we were living in this new city in an apartment that was only a few minutes from Blake's new job. We had good intentions of getting a new car but didn't want to have to make payments and we wanted to buy a house. So I went without having a car for over 2 years. People thought I was crazy, and maybe I was. I had started out in Vegas without a car and so it wasn't that bad. Who would of thought that when we finally decided to buy a car it would be a 1973 Volkswagen Squareback?
I am fairly certain that people thought we were crazy then.
It didn't matter. I loved that car. Still do.
Flash forward to today.
That cute little yellow car of ours has been driven by Blake to and from work until recently. The other day while driving it died. It now sits in our driveway.
One day we plan on fixing it but right now that just isn't an option. We have 3 kids with one on the way. We are happy...but sad about the car.
We are again a one car family.
I don't really see that changing anytime soon either.
Feel free to think we are crazy....again.

4 What do you think?:

{natalie} said...

I LOVE THAT CAR!

Lindsey said...

Crazy!!!

What are you going to do to get Gavin back and forth to school next year? I guess you are going to have to get even more stuff done at home.

I will be waiting to hear the news on Wednesday.

Chelsey said...

It was a GREAT car. It'll be good when you can fix it again. Isn't life just like that...

Cami said...

cute car, I must say.....but I think it's time for a minivan! I am highly thinking of getting one myself as the car we drive is way too small.