We celebrated Penny turning 1 on the 3rd of August. Since we were leaving the next day we decided to save the festivities for Washington.
We made a cake and topped it with my Mom's homemade cherry pie filling.
Then came the singing. She seemed to like that.
She even knew what to do with the cake. With both hands on it she picked it up....
and then proceeded to squeeze the living daylights out of it.
It was a cake massacre.
She went to taste it after much prodding and this is the face we got.
So the verdict was, she was not a fan of the cake.
Well, eating it anyways. She was a fan of squishing it through her fingers.
Every now and again she would bring some up to her mouth to eat and we would get very excited hoping that she was gonna eat some. Pipe dreams.
The most that was consumed were a few cherries, no cake.
Then she was done, and I am fairly certain there was a collective sigh of relief from my Mom and Steve because cake managed to not get smeared all over their carpet.
When I posted these pictures I cried. I cried about how little she was when she was born and I cried about my little girl growing up.
Then came the singing. She seemed to like that.
She even knew what to do with the cake. With both hands on it she picked it up....
and then proceeded to squeeze the living daylights out of it.
It was a cake massacre.
She went to taste it after much prodding and this is the face we got.
So the verdict was, she was not a fan of the cake.
Well, eating it anyways. She was a fan of squishing it through her fingers.
Every now and again she would bring some up to her mouth to eat and we would get very excited hoping that she was gonna eat some. Pipe dreams.
The most that was consumed were a few cherries, no cake.
Then she was done, and I am fairly certain there was a collective sigh of relief from my Mom and Steve because cake managed to not get smeared all over their carpet.
When I posted these pictures I cried. I cried about how little she was when she was born and I cried about my little girl growing up. I am a boob like that.
Newborn.
One month.
Two months.
Three months.
Four months.
Five months.
Six months.
Seven months.
Eight months.
Nine months.
Ten months.
Eleven months.
One Year!
She had her year doctors appointment today and the stats are in:
She had her year doctors appointment today and the stats are in: 16 lbs. 2 oz. (not even on the chart.)
Her height is 27 3/4" (the 5% - 10% percentile)
and her head is in the 50%.
(Gotta love our big headed babies.)
Penny may be a little thing but she is spunky. She lets you know what she wants, and how she wants it. Her voice is loud. I adore her.
Penny may be a little thing but she is spunky. She lets you know what she wants, and how she wants it. Her voice is loud. I adore her.
6 What do you think?:
What a cutie! I can't believe she's already one, time flies by way too fast. Happy Birthday Penny!
Those cake pictures are priceless. I love them! It is so sad how quickly they grow up. I can't believe she is a year already.
I love you Penny!
Happy Birthday Penny, hard to believe she is already one, I think I want to come cry with you!!
you have every right to cry!
and she was so, so tiny. holy cow. i can't believe it's been a year already. happy bday penny!
Her Aunt Mona adores her too!
Post a Comment