Turning 5 was a big one for Laney. She still tells me on occasion "Now that I am five (insert whatever you will here)." She was prepped and she was ready for the big day. Only one problem. We decided since Grandma Dana had had a birthday a couple of days before and she had turned 60 it would be nice to surprise her. No big deal...except that we had to drive to Vegas on Laney's birthday. Only she didn't know. Because we don't tell our kids ANYTHING until the moments before we do them. Trust me, it has saved oodles of heart ache. So we started off the day like regular. Silly faces. I always start the day off with a good silly face. Makes me feel alive.
Balloons. Lots of them.
Birthday cereal. It can be made of pure sugar and what does Laney pick? The sensible option. However, this is coming from a girl that will eat Mini Wheats over Lucky Charms any day.
Then there was some present opening. (This did technically happen after we got back from Vegas.)
There were also some Thank you squeezes given.
Now, I feel like I need to brace you for this:
Laney has always had a lot of spunk. Someone put a lot of personality in her little body. She has also always had her own style. (exhibit a, b, c, d, e) If I think that she will love something, she doesn't. If I try to pick something out for her at the store, she doesn't wear it. That's the facts. I went to a store with the intention of buying Laney a necklace. I figured that it had to be the exact opposite of what I would normally pick out.
Big? Check. Gaudy? Check. Shiny? Check. Multicolored? Checkity check.
She says she loves it so I think it is a win.
"How do you style such a fine piece of jewelry?" you ask."
Pajama bottoms and a wife beater. Thug life style.
Laney has always had a lot of spunk. Someone put a lot of personality in her little body. She has also always had her own style. (exhibit a, b, c, d, e) If I think that she will love something, she doesn't. If I try to pick something out for her at the store, she doesn't wear it. That's the facts. I went to a store with the intention of buying Laney a necklace. I figured that it had to be the exact opposite of what I would normally pick out.
Big? Check. Gaudy? Check. Shiny? Check. Multicolored? Checkity check.
"How do you style such a fine piece of jewelry?" you ask."
1 What do you think?:
DIG the necklace! Happy birthday to Miss Laney. Also, glad to see that my kids aren't the only one's sporting wife beaters. They're making a come back ... give it a few more years, and ALL the kids will be wearing them. :)
Post a Comment